Saturday, April 12, 2008

Why do I so often fail.

Often I wonder what if. What if I had been better, what if I had "prayed harder," what if I had presented the Gospel in a way that they were more ready to receive it? The clear answer is that which John the Baptist said, "He must increase, but I must decrease." Oh how the good book helps us and leads us to peace.
It is "neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth." - 1 Corinthians 3:7
To do all that I can I must have faith that God may call those whom I love that are lost to repentance all the while if that is not His purpose saying, thy will be done. While I might intercede and plea to God for them without the Father drawing power by the Holy Spirit to Christ they will never come. Therefore even though I as Paul and Moses before him might seek to be accursed and set apart from Christ for the sake of my beloved friends I must learn to trust their salvation to Christ alone, that they might see the err of their ways and the foolishness of their wisdom. God please grant me the courage to change that which I can, the serenity to accept that which I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference. This is how I must live, doing everything I can and trusting God to do what I cannot, sleeping in the sovereign grace to know that He works all things for the good of those who love Him.

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. - The Apostle Paul